Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Out With The Old

Inspirational song: Wild Thing (Tone Loc)

Yes, I know what song I'm using. No, get your mind out of the gutter. It was literally the last song playing in the car as the man and I came home from our New Year's party, and it just seems so ironic, as neither of us are wild young things anymore. It was rough, keeping ourselves awake all the way past midnight. Every year, it gets harder and harder to stay up that late. Our friends are fabulous company, but even with a roaring fire and a borrowed blanket, the cold was making me sleepy.

As the evening wore on, we moved our gathering outside, where I huddled next to the fire, watching the men-folk set off fireworks. The gang didn't go as far overboard as they did in July, thankfully. They did have some lovely sparkly lights, and a few noisemakers. Right at midnight, every yard in the neighborhood set off some sort of explosives, and the ones we had were the noisiest of the bunch. It seemed like a good way to ring in the new year and send the old one to the rubbish bin of history. I'm so ready to move on.

To all of my friends and family, may 2015 be a thousand times better than any year that preceded it. Onward and upward for all of us. Here's to love and friendship, understanding, joy, and emotional growth. Now it's time to cuddle with my kitties and sleep late tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment