Saturday, January 21, 2017

Blackout

Inspirational song: God Save the Queen (Sex Pistols)

When the kids were little bitty girls, there was a made for TV movie, called Merlin (I think). The villain of the piece was the character of the witch Queen Mab, played by Miranda Richardson. In the end, she was vanquished when everyone turned their backs to her, ignored her, and allowed themselves to forget that she existed. She vanished, defeated.

It was in this spirit that I stayed off of all social media and ignored the Internet all day today. I looked at one Facebook notification, and retrieved one email with an approved referral to physical therapy so I could make an appointment, yes, but I didn't scroll through anything. No news. No Twitter. No Twit in Chief. I know it will take more than just ignoring him to remove his power, but it felt like the proper statement. My television was on in the basement, unwatched, blaring Zombieland loud enough for me to hear it upstairs. Mr X said it seemed like the appropriate choice. It felt like a training video.

My rule number one for tattoos, which I've adhered to for 30 years, is that you have to want the design for a year before you put it on your body, to be sure it isn't just a whim. I'm seriously considering breaking my primary rule. All week I have been thinking about getting the circuit diagram of a resistor, the zigzag lines interrupting the flow of current, as a tattoo somewhere on me. I just don't know where yet. I'm open to serious suggestions.

I'm very late in posting again. We spent another Friday night in Central City, and are just now heading down the lonely black canyon, past 1 in the morning. I needed a little fantasy and reason to hope when all hope seems lost to me. Life is a gamble, dear readers. Without risk, there is no reward.


No comments:

Post a Comment