Thursday, January 12, 2017

Slowed Down

Inspirational song: I Am a Rock (Simon & Garfunkel)

Whoops. That came out of nowhere. I have been feeling pretty good for a long time now. Strong, settled. There were hints that I might have eaten something that fell outside of my safe parameters throughout the day, but nothing was too bad. This afternoon, I felt supremely chilled, and had to take a nap (there was no choice involved). I thought I had perked back up this evening, but then tonight, after a pleasant soak in the hot tub while it snowed lightly, I started sinking like a stone. My stomach is upset and my legs feel like lead. I'm trying to eat a late dinner, but it's a challenge. I have a hot toddy that might improve my outlook, but I keep setting it down and failing to drink it. They do more good when they are consumed, not when they are living room decorations.

To put in perspective how bad I feel all of a sudden, this evening we were offered free tickets to the CU vs UCLA basketball game, and neither of us was up to going. It was all the way in Boulder, and it was a late game. I'm not even listening to it on the radio. That's pitiful.

So I will retreat to snuggle with the Rabbit on my feet, and try to keep the nosy fluffypants at my arm from burying herself in my dinner, much as she may want it. Surely good things will happen tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment