Thursday, January 26, 2017

Prisoner of Technology

Inspirational song: Victim of Love (The Eagles)

So much for my plans of bragging about the new recipe I'm working on, or the fun time I had at the Rotary social at Oskar Blues. I've been trying for half an hour to boot up my big laptop, the one I keep in the basement, where a lot of my important works of fiction are stored. I shut it down a few days ago, which I rarely do, and ran updates. Ever since, I can't get it to do ANYTHING. It won't load any programs. It freezes in startup. It gave me the option to end process when Windows stopped responding. And after multiple hard restarts, it is doing pretty much Jack all. So now I'm trying to type on my iPad. This is a toy. It is not a word processor. I am going to punt all of my stories to another day when my technology is behaving. For now, I'm going to go off in a first-world-problems huff. Lenovo let me down. Or whoever pushed that last update can bite me. Either way, I'm cranky and done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment