Sunday, January 29, 2017

Cover Girl

Inspirational song: Cover My Eyes (Marillion)

Do you realize how rough it is to keep on the path I've carved for myself? This is not a political space. This is a place to escape that. These essays are intended to calm, to inform, to amuse. Never to incite. Rarely to rile. It sometimes feels like I have to keep my head in the sand, or at least work very hard to make my writing the Seinfeld Show of blogs -- a blog about nothing. It's getting a lot harder to write about gardening and cats, the official topic of my charter for Smith Park. I'm upset and I'm freaked out. I have reached the point where I am jarred not by political posts in my Facebook feed, but by cat videos! I see these frivolous things come by so infrequently now that they startle me with their incongruity to everything else I'm looking at. I think to myself, how can these people still talk about any of this? I'm running around panicking like my hair is on fire, and they can look at robot videos? I need to calm the hell down and look back at the little things that make me happy before I totally lose touch. I need to make sure I'm not passing my anxieties on to anyone else, who more than likely already has plenty of their own to deal with. I'm trying. I promise. If you can still look at pretty landscapes and goofy pet faces, I'm going to try to provide. As evidence of my commitment to the sweeter side of life, I have pictures of Athena and Agnes doing exactly what I need to be doing - hiding their faces from the scary outside world, and making their inner worlds much better.




No comments:

Post a Comment