Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The Next Steps

Inspirational song: Only Time Will Tell (Asia)

I admit it. I was pretty freaked out yesterday. Let's just say the conversation over whiskey in the hot tub last night took some seriously dark twists and turns. Things we never thought we would seriously say out loud. Things we hinted at but stopped short of saying might actually happen. I am not sure there was a single optimistic prediction. The events of the last eleven days have given us a lot to think about. The idea that we should "wait and see" is out the window. This is the Gish Gallop as a governing philosophy. Throw as much crap at the populace as you can, assuming that they will be so overwhelmed trying to process each thing that hits them that they'll never be able to get to them all, and they'll admit defeat from the sheer volume of information. It is exhausting seeing it in real life, coming from the country I thought I knew. I don't know this place anymore. I can't imagine what's going to be left when the dust settles.

I'm experiencing real doubts about the future of my new career. How many prospective home buyers are going to be as pessimistic as I am, and will now be scared off of getting a mortgage when the prospect of civil unrest is at the edge of our periphery? I'm doing everything I can to hold it together inside, but I have a lot of moments of absolute panic. I had a long anxiety attack last night, at blogging time. There may be more to come. Okay, may nothing. There will indeed be more. Whenever I feel like I can, whenever it is best held inside and not written about, I'll hide it from you.

I had more to discuss tonight, but I am still feeling hung over from my plunge into anxiety. I felt like I had been hit by a freight train during Rotary lunch, and I haven't perked up since. When I am up to it, I'd like to open up a dialogue and try to read the mood of the rest of you. I think conversation with multiple inputs would be most useful at this point.


No comments:

Post a Comment