Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Animal Friends

Inspirational song: Animal Friends / With a Smile and a Song (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)

There appears to be something quite magical about this place. Or maybe it's just us. I feel like Snow White in the forest, whenever animals come up to interact with us, some for just a moment, others for much longer. I had a wonderful time last week talking about Stella the young crow, who tapped on my window directly next to where I sit most of the time that I'm in this house and being still. This afternoon, another woodland creature (or more accurately, another animal that some consider a neighborhood pest even if I don't) climbed to the exact same spot, and waited for attention. Alfred and Jack suddenly ran to the window, alerting me to the presence of a squirrel (full grown), who was clinging to the brick where we found Stella, Alfred was pointedly unamused by the squirrel, and showed it by flattening his ears and swatting repeatedly at the window. The squirrel, on the other hand, was unimpressed by the threats, and he just stayed there watching Alfred. He seemed perfectly healthy, merely curious enough to look through the window and wander around among the flowers I have on my porch. I tried to tell him that there was still a small handful of pumpkin seeds that never were removed from where they were set to dry last Halloween at jackolantern carving time. I said it two or three times that he should take them. He did not, and he ended up scampering away with his bushy tail held high, to climb the larger tree out front. I have no idea what he was looking for, but I was glad to have a collection of photos to share tonight.






No comments:

Post a Comment