Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Felicitations

Inspirational song: Baby, Come Back (Player)

I am the bobbliest of bobble-headed dolls this evening. I pulled over the car on the way to baby #2's birthday evening, because I was getting sore, and wanted to let Mr S-P drive. The first thing I did upon arriving was take a muscle relaxer. I waited for it to set in while we played games and chatted, but it wasn't until we walked down to the pool that I started loosening up. At first I was with the advance scouts to the pool, the group who went ahead before the keys were located to get into the pool area. We waited and waited for the birthday girl to catch up with keys, and she never did. When she did arrive, empty-handed, I went back to the unit with her to search for keys. I eventually gave up and went to give my report, and found that everyone I left had made it inside the pool perimeter by way of a gate on the other side that was propped open. So even keyless, we manged to float and chat to our heart's content. Now I'm freezing and barely able to hold my head upright long enough to write. Bed is calling me.

We celebrated the first round of festivities at a local chain Mexican restaurant, where the birthday girl got to be the center of attention for a few minutes, until the waitstaff had to steal the sombrero back from her to give to a woman at the next table who also was having a birthday. Life moves on, and even time on the birthday pedestal is short.

I can't keep typing. That muscle relaxer has done me in. Completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment