Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Hard to Plan

Inspirational song: I Don't Remember (Peter Gabriel)

Not even writing every single thing down in my phone calendar is enough anymore. I'm trying to do too many things, and if a reminder pops up on the phone when I'm busy with other stuff, it gets dismissed too easily, sometimes when I never saw it at all. I did most of the things I had contracted to do today, but two key steps were left out. I put in a reminder for first thing tomorrow, but I can't guarantee I'll see them in time.

I have only begun writing out the latest offer. I was supposed to call the banker today, to get input for a closing date and estimate for an appraisal date. I forgot to do it. That's reminder number one for tomorrow morning. I have to have everything done, approved, signed, and submitted by afternoon tomorrow. But somewhere in the middle of that, I need to run searches, set up showings, and draw out a map for the new client coming on Thursday. That's appointment number two. (Reminder number three in the phone was actually in there first, and that's to clean the cat boxes before the trash trucks come on Thursday morning. Let's hope I remember that one too.)

I showed up at most of my obligations today. We had another planning meeting in the park for the Rotary event in 12 days. I was a little late, but I made it there with wet hair and little to add to the discussion. From there I went to the Rotary Day Out training. One of our members who runs leadership training gave us a communication seminar at a local gluten-free bakery. The whole even was wonderful, and I learned a lot, not the least of which was that the bakery has outstanding lemon bars that are Anne-safe.

After the initial meetings, I drove home out of habit, and very nearly forgot that I had a follow up with the doc who did my endoscopy. I'd been waiting for that for over six weeks. There were no big revelations, just good conversation about my situation. And then he sprung it on me: go downstairs for blood tests. I wasn't prepared, and six fat, full vials later, I was sipping apple juice and expressing gratitude that the medical building wasn't super far from the house (maybe a mile and a half? just guessing.) I don't do well when blood is removed from me even in tiny increments. If there was anything important that I was obligated to do after that, I don't recall it. I hope it wasn't important.


No comments:

Post a Comment