Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Swooped

Inspirational song: 25 or 6 to 4 (Chicago)

The effects of sleep deprivation are cumulative. This is not my opinion, this is a conclusion of medical research I read years ago. It also lines up completely with the circumstantial evidence I am collecting right now. I keep staying awake until well past midnight, and I keep failing to go back to sleep after I get up at 6 to let the dogs out the first time. It will be weeks before I am certain I can safely sleep through an entire day, never once getting out of PJs or bothering to brush my teeth. By the time I can give myself permission to have one of those days, I am going to be a wreck.

I prepared an offer today, burning up part of the morning and all of the afternoon. I told the listing agent on Monday I would let her know if I would submit one, and it would be prepared by Wednesday. I emailed her yesterday and told her I was writing it for sure and it would be submitting on Wednesday. She acknowledged me both times. I sent over a strong offer with supporting documents this afternoon. I gave a response deadline for late on Friday, as the listing said that decisions would be made then. So I was understandably surprised when the response to my email was that they had just gone into pending status with someone else. I knew the risk of some investor swooping in with cash was possible. I just didn't think they'd do it before the stated deadline. Crap.

I had been too busy to keep up with things I promised I could do while I'm on my own. Today I made good on my word at least one time. Last year, mowing the lawn was a nightmare. Or bad day dream. Something. It was too sunny and too hot and I was miserable trying to push the heavy gas mower around the yard even a few times. This year, I am stronger, better medicated, and my beautiful blue electric mower is much lighter. In comparison, mowing the back yard today made me feel like Wonder Woman. Granted, there isn't as much grass this year as last, partly thanks to a certain paraplegic dog bouncing around over the winter and spring, denuding the sod and leaving loads of cool mud to grind into his tail. But I was able to run the mower around almost all of the back yard in one clean swoop (I forgot to do up on the north side of the house, but that was an oversight). With the setback on the house purchase, at least I have one victory to fall back on today. And there is always tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment