Thursday, February 8, 2018

Shut It

Inspirational song: The Dance (Garth Brooks)

You know, I wasn't mad until just before I walked home from next door a few minutes ago, when I looked at Twitter. Another government shut down. I'm really sick of the theatrics and self-aggrandizement of this latest stunt. This doesn't make anyone look brave or principled. It makes everyone look petty and childish and insanely incompetent. Mostly incompetent. Someone please explain to me what makes a person who hates functioning government want to work in that same government, only to prove that government doesn't work by breaking it on purpose, and crapping in the pieces that they break apart?

I think I might actually be speechless. I'm annoyed, but I'm not surprised. This is supposed to be a shut down that lasts only a few hours, if I understood correctly. Seriously, how much money does it cost to go about shutting things down, knowing that people have to be paid to put things on pause, and then paid overtime later to take all the holds off.

Yeah. I'm disgusted. I'm going to stop trying. Here's a picture of Barley watching his daddy walk away, after Barley stole his seat the moment he stood up. If I tried, I could probably draw a parallel. I don't want to.


No comments:

Post a Comment