Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Table Games

Inspirational song: White Rabbit (Jefferson Airplane)

I see where things went sideways. I know exactly what happened. I was there.

Today was rather productive. I cleaned out a ton of stuff, like expired OTC drugs from the medicine drawer, and scrubbed the bathroom. I tidied up all around the place, except the biggest three piles of paper and junk on the main floor of the house. I went to Target, and restocked on some heavy duty cleaning fluid (to eat away the limescale where needed) and picked up a new bathmat that the cats shouldn't be able to slide around the room (away from where I step out of the shower, and need it so I don't fall on the slick tile.) I spent the big bucks and got a humidifier, to see whether that stops the recurring-daily bloody nose I've had ever since the doctor cut out a "carat and a half" sized chunk of basal cell carcinoma and surrounding healty nasal tissue. And I came home to find the swimsuits I ordered on faith from the internet had arrived, so I may be able to toss the ones that are nearly see-through with crunchy elastic.

All in all, it was a good day. People arrived late to D&D night, and we are finding that the original party members have lost interest, and we who came late are more hardy than they. The most recent substitute was having a bad day, and she and I ended up sitting next to each other at the edge of the stratosphere. For the record, the cyclobenziprine I took for my maladies was much more strong than what she took for hers, but we each ended up not caring nearly as much about the bits of ourselves that hurt.

And that was the problem. The muscle relaxer. It helped most of me, but never touched the searing agony in my heels. (Lets just say that regardless of the nation's varying opinions on bone spurs in the feet, I can say in all certainty that the ones in my heels absolutely ruin my life.) I sat through at least 50% of the game tonight with my chin resting on my hand, eyes closed, hoping like hell I wouldn't actually nod off and stop hearing what was happening around me. I'm pretty sure I slipped over the threshold once or twice. Sorry, friends who played around me. I didn't mean to check out early.



No comments:

Post a Comment