Saturday, January 18, 2014

Going Viral

Inspirational song: This Kid's Not Alright (Awolnation)

I can't think of a worse time to be sick. I have two weeks with the man, and he arrived with bronchitis, and the longer this week goes on, the worse my sore throat gets. It's fully into one ear, and flirting with the other. As of today, it's sinking into my chest. I couldn't get out of bed until almost eleven this morning, thinking seriously about foregoing the traditional pedicure with my daughter. (I dug deep and found the fortitude to do it, and I'm so glad I did. But it was a close thing.) My tail is still dragging. I had to skip hugging all the siblings at a family meal tonight, for fear of spreading disease, and I will do the same tomorrow with my dear friend who is allowing me to watch the Broncos game with her. Now it's late, and I'm more tired than ever. Forgive me for not waxing poetic. I care more for Advil than adverbs right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment