Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Dancing Windsock

Inspirational song: Relax (Frankie Goes to Hollywood)

The man went to see his other woman today. Now, before anyone gets mad, let me explain that I did make the appointment for him to spend an hour and a half with her. We froze his account at the spa when he left last spring, and he definitely needed a trip back to see his favorite masseuse. We had to wait a few days for her schedule to open up, and for him to adjust slightly to being back in his home time zone. As it was, after a session with her, he was barely able to stay awake this evening, having slept the whole way home in the car, and he was sound asleep in bed by eight o'clock. I don't mind so much. He has been working hard for an awful long time, and he needed the break.

I had tried to schedule massages for us both at the same time, but we couldn't get our therapists' schedules to line up. So I had to wait around for my evening session. Not going to lie, to kill time I went shopping. I tore my favorite jeans yesterday, and I took the chance to replace them. But when I got back to the spa, while chatting with the desk crew, a little magic happened. I found that my therapist was there, with nothing going on, and we moved my appointment sooner, and added an extra fifteen minutes to it. That extra time was just enough to work out the deeper knots I have been struggling with, including a huge pop in my middle toe that completely changed my life. The longer the night wears on, the more I wonder whether something in the toe had been dislocated all this time, and he put it back into place. I can put pressure on the ball of my foot for the first time in months, and it doesn't bother me. I found myself wanting to walk around after my session, and I walked down the strip mall, amazed at how balanced and loose I felt. I might as well be standing on the edge of a used car lot, dancing and waving over a jet of air, like the biggest, doofiest windsock of them all. That's all right. When I am this relaxed, I don't mind looking like a doofus.

No comments:

Post a Comment