Friday, January 10, 2014

Of the Nine Fingers

Inspirational song: I See Fire (Ed Sheeran)

Today is the adjustment day. I didn't mind so much that he woke at three or so this morning. I expected that. But I did mind that our house is set up so that when he went downstairs so that his coughing didn't wake me, he accomplished nothing. It just echoed and kept me up the whole time. Ah, well. I'd rather have a little noise for a little while, to make it seem real that he is finally here for a couple weeks. The silence was boring.

Athena is still glaring daggers at that man who invaded her space. He keeps picking her up, and trying to convince her that he isn't going to do anything mean to her. She's not buying it. She will get used to him eventually. But when he goes away again, I doubt it will help him make his case.

Writing needs to be short and sweet. I don't want to share much more of my time. We went out in public only long enough to start catching up on the big movies we were holding off on seeing together. We had a date with a dragon today, and soon it will be Walter Mitty for my man with the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment