Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Can't Brain Good

Inspirational song: Zombie (The Cranberries)

Oh, right. I forgot. The day or two following a procedure (surgery or otherwise) is when the pain sets in. On the day of a procedure, the anaesthesia is still dulling your senses, and the body's natural reaction to trauma (shock, numbness, adrenaline, whatever) fools you into thinking you are better off than you are. But then all the natural and chemical painkillers wear off, and you are left feeling like someone has done unspeakable things to your innards. And in my case this week, they sort of did. My belly hurts where they had to push and finesse the camera-on-a-stick around the corners of my intestines. I discovered that walking the aisles of two grocery stores and a gas station stop constitutes overdoing it on a day like today. My clever way with words has completely failed me. I could barely form sentences texting my mother (and I do NOT use text shorthands - only complete sentences with proper grammar for this kid). Rather than churn out an incoherent ramble, I'm going to take my zombie ass to bed and hope that inspiration strikes tomorrow. Good night, y'all.


No comments:

Post a Comment