Thursday, February 12, 2015

Something Incredible

Inspirational song: Turn It Off (Book of Mormon)

I've had my priorities straight, and nothing anyone says will convince me differently. I knew once I said it out loud that this surgery was going to happen, and that it was best done without delay. However, as the appointments fell into place, and I watched the calendar, I was determined that it would not happen this particular week. I had tickets to see Book of Mormon, finally, after waiting years for it to come close enough to me that I could get to it without plane travel and overnight lodging expenses. I wasn't going to let some pesky surgery get in the way of seeing this musical. I am so glad I was able to make the dates line up. This was so worth it. We had fabulous seats, dead center and close enough to see the actors faces clearly (which is important to someone like me who needs new glasses desperately). I only knew a few of the songs going in, so almost all of the jokes were fresh and new to me. I absolutely loved it. It wasn't exactly like I thought it was going to be, but considering it is a Parker-Stone collaboration, I really should have expected it to be exactly like it was. My BFF back in Colorado has tickets to see it later this year, and I'm not going to say any more about it, so I don't ruin the surprise for her. If you get the opportunity, and can handle earthy humor, I encourage you to go see it.

I'm keeping it short tonight. My mind is entirely obsessed with what is happening on Monday. I'm nervous and excited and scared and determined, and I just need to keep rigid control and compartmentalize so I don't freak out. Rather than ramble on here about my anxiety about the surgery, I'm going to try to turn off my mind and go to bed. I'll see whether I can't come up with a good distraction for tomorrow's post.


No comments:

Post a Comment