Tuesday, February 17, 2015

This Sucks

Inspirational song: Love Hurts (Nazareth)

I have lived through some impressive pain in my day. Nothing compares to this for sustained intensity. The doc said the surgery went as expected, but I don't know whether my recovery is going as well. I just spent a very miserable couple hours trying to get my IV reset, so that I could get the injectible pain meds that were due two hours ago when I noticed that the old one was puffy and dripping. They finally got me fixed up and injected, so I have just a few minutes to say I'm here, I'm unhappy, and brevity will be my best friend this week.

The question I hear most: how long will I stay in the hospital? Answer: no idea. At least until Thursday morning, I think. If they say longer, I'm not going to fight it.

Anti nausea meds on top of strong pain meds. It's sleepy time. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment