Sunday, April 26, 2015

Major Milestone

Inspirational song: Bitchin' in the Kitchen (Shock Treatment)

Oh, my. I am so proud of myself I can't stand it. Two days ago, I was tottering on the edge of despair. I worried that I wouldn't finish this project in time, or that my body would just give out before I had to fly home. This evening, I finished early enough (with considerable help from my daughter and her boyfriend re-hanging the cabinet doors) to clean the kitchen and admire it for long minutes as I took pictures of it. I am certain that I did the right thing now that it is done, or nearly done, just waiting for the jewelry to be put on it in the morning. This kitchen looks fantastic. As each door was rehung this evening, it reflected more and more light. Now it's bright and fresh and charming. And I truly believe it is money. How many times have I heard it on home shows? Kitchens sell houses. Time to put that to the test. The photographer comes tomorrow to get the shots for our listing. By the time I get home, we will be on the market. Come on, offers!

I brought my laptop with me today, to stay on kitten watch while I worked. I can't help it. I'm so addicted to this kitten cam live stream. There is a new pregnant mama cat going into labor right...now. She's absolutely beautiful, and it's hard to look away, even when I'm supposed to be focused on my renovation. I need to get to an early bed tonight, but I have a feeling I'm going to be checking the feed all night long. Ah, well. I can sleep on the plane in a couple days.

If I can get a super early start tomorrow (assuming I'm not watching the Palindrome Kittens being born all night), I can finish the painting and cleaning in the bathroom before the photographer gets to work. For the first time in a week, I am arrogantly confident that I will get it all done. More pictures will come tomorrow. Until then, go to Tiny Kittens (tinykittens.com) and check out the new babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment