Saturday, April 4, 2015

Spring Break

Inspirational song: The Bunny Song (Veggie Tales)

It's a holiday weekend. It's all about family and friends and spring and positivity. So that's what we focused on today. We planted tomatoes (even though we thought we wouldn't), the man did another giant swath of weeding and mulching, and we spent most of this beautiful day outside. Rather than center our holiday meal on the more traditional ham or turkey, the Bonfire leader decided to treat her out of town family and the rest of us regulars to a feast of real Southern comfort food. We had pulled pork with a heavenly mustard BBQ sauce, collards, coleslaw, and black eyed peas. We win Easter.

After a long, wonderful day, now we are tired, and I have few words. I think I shall see whether any of the panorama shots came out well (other than the one featuring a smiling Bonfire leader), and show you how excited the Easter bunny was to see me. Then I will take my happy but itchy self to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment