Friday, April 10, 2015

Never Set in Stone

Inspirational song: Should I Stay or Should I Go? (The Clash)

I've taken my eyes off of the news today, and focused inward on our pressing issues. We had more immediate concerns. Our realtor, who postponed on Wednesday, came by today to tell us what we need to do to sell here. Lucky for us, she didn't tell us anything we weren't prepared for, and I think she appreciated that we seemed to know and expect everything that needs to be done. A couple times, she even let us off the hook for things we felt like we should do. We had a few suggestions for projects, to which her response was a puzzled "why?" I think it will be a little easier to get out of here than we thought. She did say that she loved what we have done to the outside, and she agrees that all of the exterior shots for the listing should be the ones we have taken this week, with the spring flowers blooming profusely.

I tagged along with the man to grab a part to replace off of his project Jeep. The body shop, up in the rural parts outside of the neighboring town, was a hive of activity today. It was like a playground full of husband sitters. There were vehicles in every stage of being, from beautifully restored to rusting away in decomposition. In the bright sunshine, I snapped away lots of pictures, but I have no idea whether anything came out. I shall find out whether I captured interesting shots once I'm done writing. Fingers crossed.

A trip to Home Depot has turned all of our plans upside down. Now we really don't know what is going to happen over the next six months. A simple shopping trip for inexpensive upgraded appliances, stainless steel like all the couples on House Hunters demand, ended up spurring a conversation about whether we go forward with the sale, or do we just live in the condo for a while so we can time a house purchase better. I really do not know what is the best plan now. We will settle down with a pen and paper and make a serious pros and cons list. It's anyone's guess where we go with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment