Monday, April 27, 2015

Tick Tock

Inspirational song: The Final Countdown (Europe)

My time is up. I have painted and cleaned and replaced everything that I can get to. The professional photographer came this afternoon to take pictures for the listing, and we go live with it tomorrow. The clock is ticking. I think our strategy is strong. We are going in the MLS and letting buyers walk through for five days. Then we will have an open house on Sunday, and all offers are due Monday night. Now that I have completed my quest, I feel amazing. Tired, brainless, but amazing. The condo looks beautiful. It's clean, mostly new, upgraded, and valuable. It has been universally approved by all the people who have offered opinions. There is even some guy who lives elsewhere in the building who has just randomly walked inside at least three times, without knocking, just to see what we've done in the place. Never introduced himself, but he likes the decor. So I guess that's good.

I can't pretend I did it all myself. The crew worked like crazy once I got here and became their mascot. They were super nice to me, and with one important exception, they've gotten all the tasks done. The utility closet drain and tub drain both still need to be snaked. Someone appears to have dumped out mortar or grout or something down the tub, and it is hopelessly clogged. I spent well over an hour scrubbing the shower tiles and tub, and when I left, the tub was still holding on to an inch or two of bleachy, sandy, gray water. But besides that little detail, they made it through everything we needed from them. I'll check on things in the morning before I leave, but I don't think I am going to make any more changes from here. Time to let go and trust.

We celebrated our completion by going to a biergarten and shopping at a European products specialty store. It would have been more fun wandering around Pearl Street if the weather hadn't been a typical Colorado spring, where the spring rains are cold, cold, cold. I'm ready to go home to my warm, humid Park. My work isn't over. I have to keep prepping the next place to sell. The sooner we get the Low Country house on the market, the better this summer will go. The clock is ticking. Tick tock.

No comments:

Post a Comment