Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Soggy and Limp

Inspirational song: I'm All Right (For the Shape I'm In) (BR5-49)

I didn't have a whole lot of time to rest over the last couple weeks, and that caught up to me today. I tried to hit the ground running, and we did get some very important things done this morning. But by the time we made it home with a trunk full of groceries at noon, I was used up. I fell asleep sitting up on the couch, and I'm pretty sure I was there for somewhere between two and three hours. There was a little white Rabbit holding me down, but there was no chance I was getting up without serious provocation. Now I'm a little behind the power curve for all that I have planned over the next few days. Coffee will have to be my friend tomorrow.

In my absence, I think the man has started building an ark. I can't believe how much rain has fallen in the last couple weeks. Half of my plants are so water logged that they are drowning and turning brown and slimy like long-forgotten cilantro in a plastic bag at the bottom of a refrigerator (which I also found upon my return). The sun is supposed to come back tomorrow. Maybe if I go prune off the bottom leaves of things that are touching the ground, my little plantlings can dry out and thrive. It looks like my roses are doing well, however. I know what I'll be decorating with for my Kentucky Derby dinner. I promise, this time, I won't be trying to wear a heavy, wet bouquet of them on my hat. I only needed to learn that lesson once.

No comments:

Post a Comment