Saturday, April 25, 2015

Snug as a Bug

Inspirational song: Beautiful (Marillion)

It just keeps getting better and better. I started very early at the condo, reassembling the base cabinets that are now finished, and pulling apart the uppers. The carpet guys came early, and the stove was delivered at noon. It was a long, hard day of work, but I am making incredible progress. The stove filled the big gaping hole in the kitchen, and now even with the doors off of the upper cabinets, it feels like a complete room again. The change in the whole vibe of the condo since the carpet was installed is nothing short of miraculous. It's quiet and snug and safe feeling. Maybe the flood is finally behind us all. It does look good, too. I totally chose the right colors, even if the pale celadon I wanted turned out more of an aqua on the walls.

This condo has served us well when we needed it, and it has been a savings-draining curse when Mother Nature pulled a prank on us. But now, it's time to let it go and move on. I have chatted with an awful lot of contractors and delivery men over the last five days. They go inside people's houses every day for a living. They see every sort of decor, cleanliness, and level of maintenance imaginable. Almost to a man, they have voluntarily told me that our condo is one of the nicest places they've delivered to/worked in. This gives me great hope that we will be able to sell quickly and get the money we need for a down payment on a house. They and the realtor have told me that I have great taste in the finishes I chose. Sure, I take pleasure hearing that, but it means more practical things to me. It means my future. It means maybe my forever home is in reach.

I am worn out from a long day. I think I will let my pictures do the rest of the talking. I've been breathing in oil-based primer fumes and new carpet off-gassing. I'm feeling more than a little loopy from just working. Time to take a sleep break, so that I can keep going tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment