Thursday, April 30, 2015

Opinions

Inspirational song: Money for Nothing (Dire Straits)

At least two prospective buyers have toured our condo. Neither is likely to place an offer, unfortunately. We received feedback emails from both of them today. One said that the place is lovely, but the monthly HOA payments are too high. Honestly, that is true, but now that we know that we have to pay off the special assessment on closing (who thought up that rule??), I had our realtor correct the listing to reflect the lower regular dues. The other person to deliver feedback apparently was way off the mark looking at our place. They complained that we were too far off the beaten track for the college, and that the neighborhood was too quiet. Seriously? Too quiet? Yeah, keep walking, folks.

I don't know whether we are going to get any feedback from people who may ultimately end up making an offer. I suspect the feedback function is more for negative comments, or for backhanded compliments. It's not ideal for my purposes. I'm already feeling emotionally vulnerable by having this place on the market. When I'm needy like this, I want to hear things like, "Looks great! It's going on our short list!" It's much harder to hear, "Thanks, but no, thanks." I know we have only been live for two days, but this is a stressful process. My heart pounds a little faster when I think about hitting that deadline for offers, and not having any. We need this to work.

We need to switch our focus into wrapping things up at this house, in order to put it on the market as well. The deck is down to one last row of boards, almost completed. We are prepared to empty the spare room, and put most of that stuff in storage. We should be able to stage, photograph, and empty one or two more rooms soon after. I just have to hope that we have a place to move to soon, so this all makes sense. If I have to give up this beautiful place, I need a new Park to make it all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment