Thursday, July 2, 2015

Crawling Again

Inspirational song: Time Passages (Al Stewart)

I was right. Time has come to a screeching halt. Yesterday I was surprised to realize it was already July. Today I am devastated to realize it is still only the second day of July. That means I still have at least 26 days until we close on Park West, assuming nothing throws a wrench in the works and delays it. From the moment I walked through the door of that mid-century modern beauty, I knew I belonged there. Waiting to move in hurts me on a visceral level. It's my house already in my heart, and I don't want to be separated from it any longer.

We couldn't remember what date the inspection results were due when we were talking to an inspector to schedule his time, and I think we accidentally gave him the date for the sale contract, not the purchase. Just as well, he put us on his calendar quite quickly, and we go out in the morning to give it a once-over. We know the slab on the back patio will be something to watch for. There will be a few other items to work into the contract, but I expect the place to pass overall. I plan on taking a handful of new pictures while I'm there, since I didn't share the full listing publicly (and won't, for obvious reasons).

It's been a bit stressful for the quadrupeds this week. With all the windows open in the brick oven, we hear everything going on outside: arguments, children playing, workers trying to improve everyone's lives around here, and unfortunately for Alfred, thunderstorms and the few types of fireworks that are still legal in Colorado. Poor kitty. Everyone else stops and listens to the cracking and booming, but he runs for a bunker like it's London and the Germans are strafing. I tried to hold him against me with a blanket over both of us when a lightning storm passed over us, but he wasn't fooled into thinking it was his safe place. I wasn't able to prepare him for how loud storms are here. Not the heavy but quiet rains of his birthplace, but big prairie storms are around him now. I predict he will spend every summer in the basement from now on. If the next month would just sail by, we could get him there.

No comments:

Post a Comment