Friday, July 10, 2015

New Love

Inspirational song: Welcome to the Machine (Pink Floyd)

Today is a monumental day, but I can't show you why. The pictures I got were not for general consumption. But, oh, they made me happy. They made me tear up, too. There is a new little boy in the world today, and his parents wanted him more than anything else. Welcome to the world, little Texan. There's an old hippie lady in Colorado who can't wait to hear the echo of your name bouncing through a baseball stadium somewhere. 

Many of my friends have had to go to extraordinary lengths to become parents. Several needed significant boosts from modern science. Some opened their hearts to children from other bodies, and became full, loving families by choice. Each and every one of them recognize what my friend back east is learning right now, that if you want it to happen, and you succeed, it is worth all the struggle to get there. 

There is a powerful lightning storm passing overhead now, and I am not at home to remind my kitty boy that he is safe. The man is not there either, having taken the dogs up into the mountains, and sending back beautiful pictures and a dark little video punctuated by a flash of white and a rumble in the distance. I guess the boys and Elsa are having fun in this storm. As for me, I need to go drive in it now that my laundry is done. Clean sheets were more important than coaxing a chicken butt cat out from under whatever piece of furniture is shielding him from thunder, but now my duty as his mama is my priority.

Tomorrow we have to make the call whether to cancel the contract on the brick house. We gave the seller every chance to make good, and despite early indications that he would, now it appears someone has bent his ear and convinced him to weasel out of it. Just as well. We found a property that has the potential to be even better than the first Park, an upgraded Park 2.0. It's a smaller house but it's on a bigger lot, and it is very close to a combination nature preserve, park, lake, and cemetery (not all at once). That's open space that will never be developed into condos or a Walmart. I sort of wish we had gone today to see it, so we could put in an offer that much sooner, but we had to break up with the one sweetheart before we pledged our throth to another. Until I have pictures of the new love, enjoy the scenes from the mountain getaway.


No comments:

Post a Comment