Sunday, July 26, 2015

Technical Difficulties

Inspirational song: Yellow Backed Fly (Steep Canyon Rangers)

I'm going to keep things fairly simple tonight. I replaced my phone on Friday, and the Blogger app seems to be hell-bent on mischief. The first night, I hit the publish button about a dozen times, and it would think for a minute and then return a "network error" message. Last night, the first night I tried uploading pictures from the phone, it told me that it couldn't find the pictures, not even just to save them or show thumbnails on the composition screen. I had to email everything to myself in batches, and wait for the mobile hotspot to squeeze out enough data into my laptop to make the transfer. Tonight I only have a few photos, assuming that I will have to go through the same process again. I recall having a similarly hard time getting the Blogger app to publish from the little tablets that AT&T was giving away as promo items last fall. Eventually the app started to work, after uninstalling and reinstalling it multiple times. If any of you have experience with this app and how it works on the Android platforms, I'd love suggestions for how to make this go more smoothly.

Today was a happy after-party day. By the time we made it up the mountain, all the leftover hamburgers were gone, the crowd was smaller, and the atmosphere was more casual. When one of my girlfriends suggested ditching and going into town to me and our mutual spouse bestie (our 3 husbands were all friends in high school, so we have our own little wives club going on), we were all too happy to run off on our own adventures. I showed off my future home (told the out of towner where the guest room will be once she comes back to visit) and then we detoured to where I could get a burger of my own, having missed out earlier, before heading back up the mountain. We drove around in an open jeep, which is way out of character for me. I managed to keep cool most of the drive, until a sharp curve flung me toward the open door just a little harder than I was comfortable with. I didn't scream. I just... gasped. With volume. There may come a day in the next decade when we all live in the same metro area again, and these adventures will happen with alarming frequency. I can hardly wait. Oh, the trouble we will get into. We already have a ready excuse for all our mischief prepared. You'll know it when you hear it.










No comments:

Post a Comment