Friday, June 15, 2018

Fire Pit Friday

Inspirational song: Gimme Shelter (The Rolling Stones)

The sky is full dark, but my friends and I are bathed in the dull orange glow of a backyard fire pit. I suppose we should get as much of this as we can. There's not enough snowpack to see us through the summer and fall (and by not enough, I mean 0-20% of normal over the entire state), and soon all of Colorado will be under a strict fire ban. Not a happy thought.

I did just a little work outside in a tank top and no sunscreen, but I've been as tired as if I attended a double-header baseball game on the summer solstice. The sun is starting to wipe me out even sooner. Another reason to hope for rain and lots of it. Maybe then I can be outside and not feel like this.

I didn't take any photos while it was still daylight, so this is the best I can do for today:


No comments:

Post a Comment