Thursday, June 7, 2018

Played Out

Inspirational song: I Will Always Love You (Whitney Houston)

This is June. It's the start of the second week of June, even. I realized today, as I was driving home from Fort Collins that I still have snow tires on my car. This was one of the least snowy winters I've experienced outside of the Deep South, and I think there were at most three times my snow tires came in handy. But I let the spring get away from me, and now I'm almost too embarrassed to call Costco and admit my tardiness. If I do go ahead and get my tires swapped out, I wonder how long I'll get to use them before it's time to go back. What are the chances that next winter would actually be snowy, unlike this one? Should I check the Old Farmers Almanac and see what the long term forecasts are?

Getting up and out of the house early for my monthly sales meeting had consequences. I made it home okay, and managed to make myself a small lunch, and then I was out cold. I lost most of the afternoon. I'd love to talk about grand plans I carried out today, but it would be a lie. I went to Fort Collins, and then I went to sleep. This is the glamorous life.

I did get some of the kids to come over and have dinner with me, and play games. I learned a new, simple but strategic board game. It was fun and I'm sure we will add this one in to the rotation of things we do. Gradually we are increasing our inventory of popular games with the group. We have this new train game (I can't for the life of me remember what it was called), D&D, mah jongg, Catan, and a couple of card games. If I ever go forward with purchasing a platform to play Jackbox, I think we will be full up of entertainment possibilities. Maybe we'll set up a couple of cornhole boxes in the back yard, if we can keep Murray out of the perimeter of the field of play. And of course, I'm still looking to get a minimum of 12 people to play bunco some day.


No comments:

Post a Comment