Thursday, June 28, 2018

Let Them Eat Cake

Inspirational song: For You (Bruce Springsteen)

The birthday cake was a hit. That was the highlight of my day. I baked it yesterday, and turned it over to my foster daughter to decorate. The theme was a whole host of inside jokes from our D&D campaign and while she complained about it looking rough and amateurish, I thought it looked 10 shades of perfect. It couldn't have been more appropriate. Well, let me rephrase that, because the inside jokes are anything but "appropriate." It was exactly the design we needed for the intended audience. Our friend was pleased and surprised that we showed up to play D&D at his apartment with a cake and a gift (the gift was from my neighbor--my gift was the cake).

I don't have a lot to share beyond that. I'm a little deep in my own thoughts, and there isn't a whole lot to come out right now. No reason to worry. I'm just distracted. And overwarm. It was another record or near-record hot day, and my house is too warm to sleep in right now. So here are my pictures from tonight (and one from yesterday).




No comments:

Post a Comment