Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Handsy

Inspirational song: Touch-a Touch-a Touch Me (Rocky Horror Picture Show)

By no metric on earth can what I've been doing be considered animal abuse. Not that the cats will admit to that. The more I try to avoid petting them, the more frantic they are about getting close to me. These kids have no idea what hypersensitivity is all about. Well, maybe Athena does. She's the one who is easily over-stimulated by a few pets, going from cute to bitey in a flash. Still, she and Rabbit are the most put out by me not wanting to touch them for a couple of days. My hands have been too sensitive, and I don't want to touch stuff if I can help it. Thus every cat in the Pride has come up to me and tried to pry my iPad out of my hands with their cold, cold noses. I can't stand it. I try to pat them on the top of their heads a couple of times to let them down easy, but eventually I have to chase them off, and deal with the baleful looks they give me for the rest of the day. It isn't abuse, but you'd think it is.

The weather cooled off the last couple of days, so maybe that's why my hands have hurt more lately. If I didn't think it would set off hot flashes, I might try wearing gloves around the house. That would last for about ten minutes, before I ripped them off and griped about how miserable it made me.

I have several artistic pursuits that need doing, and a desire to create. I'm not sure the projects in the pipeline actually line up with the inspirations that are trying to become realities. Worse yet, I'm not sure I have the fine motor skills to do the things I want and or need to do with my hands threatening mutiny like they have been. Even so, I stood in Michael's this afternoon, staring longingly at the fancy colored markers (Copics) that I keep hearing about from several sources. My foster daughter bought a set of them, and offered to let me try them, but I know that would just be a gateway drawing if I touched them for a second. They cost over 50 bucks for a small box of them (but naturally Michael's hands out 40% off coupons every time you go in there, so they wouldn't ever be full price). I don't actually need them. I don't have anything that requires them. But watching what my foster daughter and one of my favorite cartoonists (the Oatmeal) do with them leaves me desperate to get my hands on some. Someone stop me!




No comments:

Post a Comment