Thursday, July 19, 2018

Melted

Inspirational song: The Room Where It Happened (Hamilton)

You know what? Screw it. I'm going to blame the weather. Blame it for everything. I'm hot and thus I am sore and cranky and weak willed and probably a whole lot of other negative things. I just tried setting a fan in the window in the back bedroom, and it just about ripped my shoulders out. It just made me hotter and crankier. My sheets are still in the drier, and I'm dreading touching them while they're warm, because it will just make everything worse. Usually there is no better feeling than the first few minutes on a freshly made bed, but now it just sounds awful.

We went to have a meal with our daughter, who apparently roasted every vegetable in Boulder county and needed more humans to put them in. When we first arrived, her air conditioner was misbehaving, and I was deeply disappointed. I was almost as enthusiastic about hanging out in her chilled house as I was having lunch with her. Thankfully her father knew enough about machine maintenance to clear out the compressor and get it running a little more efficiently, but by then my daughter and I had already snuck out the the front side of the house to acquire milkshakes for everyone to cool us down. Did I need a caramel pecan shake? Not technically, no. Did I inhale it like cooling off my mouth quickly was the only thing between me and certain death? Yes. I did.

I've collected a few pet photos to amuse myself and distract me from the heat. I got to admire my grandkittens, my dogs went to the mountain without me yesterday, and I met the new tiny dog who now lives in my condo. (Tiny dog's face and bark are almost identical to my granddog Sheba, and now I miss her terribly too.)






No comments:

Post a Comment