Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Room for Only One Topic

Inspirational song: A Little Good News (Anne Murray)

Good god, y'all. The news is just insane this week. There is no escaping it. The people who I'd normally talk about football with, or the weather, or general gossip about relationships or clothing.. all of these people are talking about geopolitical developments. On the way back from D&D tonight, we didn't talk about the big fight with giant spiders we had just wrapped up in game time. The five of us carpooling home were talking about everything that lit up our news and Twitter feeds before the game could end. I mean, yeah, I miss talking about football and fashion, but I don't know when there will be time for that in the immediate future. For now, it's only discussion of political and criminal investigations. They were secretive for a year, seemingly taking forever with no leaks. Now every couple hours there is a bombshell. So much has changed in six days. I can't imagine where we will be by the weekend. I don't dare write a specific detail or opinion here. It will all probably be old news by the time I hit publish and share the link on Facebook. Besides, you don't get your news from me anyway. I wouldn't want you to. Go to reliable, unbiased sources, and see what I'm talking about. Refresh the pages often.

I'm gonna be up all night watching the teevee again. I can feel it. I wake up sometimes, around 2 in the morning, with the television on, cats miserable that there is still light and noise in the room. I won't be surprised if tonight is another of those nights. I'd rather not do it again, but I can't seem to look away. Ah, well. Might as well un-pause the feed and get to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment