Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Spoonless

Inspirational song: Satin in a Coffin (Modest Mouse)

Too many days in a row running on my very last spoon. I could feel that I was overtired, but I had to keep going. I thought I'd ruined it yesterday trying to drag in all my groceries from Costco yesterday, but I didn't take the rest time. I pushed it yesterday after that and did it again all of today. I could barely raise my arms today, to wash my hair, or to drive home from buying crickets. Still, I did not stop.

I have to stop now. It was D&D night, and I borrowed against the spoons for the rest of the month to get through all the jovial enthusiasm. Even when it was 11 and everyone going home, I stayed up and loaded the dishwasher (I had fed everyone cherry cobbler, and beer flowed freely, as always). Now I think my shoulders are broken. Not like the bones, just the mechanisms normally used to raise them.

Tomorrow is going to be a bad day. I'm going to stay next to the one-room air conditioner, and probably sleep as much as I can get away with. Don't mind me. I'll just be pondering whether I'm dead or sleeping.




No comments:

Post a Comment