Thursday, September 6, 2018

Chronic FOMO

Inspirational song: Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)

I'm at home, in my own room right now. I'm surrounded by 80% of my cats. My dogs and my man are up the mountain, and I'm absolutely torn. I'm tired and sore, and I would have been miserable if I had tried to climb the steep section tonight. But I have so much fun building the tiny cabin, and every picture I get via text makes me jealous that I'm not at the build site. There are few times in my life I actually wished I was camping, but I'm as close to that as I can be tonight.

He built the remaining sections of the upper west wall, and temp-installed the window that will ventilate the sleeping loft. Apparently it snugged up the cabin enough to warm it on a chilly September night, although Elsa still needed layers of clothing and blankets to be comfortable. She and Murray were sharing his favorite blanket, which I've never seen before. I wonder how long that lasted before someone barked something rude.

For me, I stayed home and watched the first regulation football game of the season with my neighbor, which is where I really belonged on a night like this. We're due to go up in a couple of days, to do another massive build day with all three of us humans, so I'll get my play time this week. Just not today, for better or for worse.




No comments:

Post a Comment