Saturday, September 1, 2018

Spit Take

Inspirational song: S.O.B. (Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats)

I learned a very important lesson today. Two entire boxes of (GF) elbow macaroni makes a ludicrously large baked mac and cheese. It was significantly more than eight people could ever eat in one night. I left a large Pyrex of it behind, and still had to scramble to find three more containers at home to store the leftovers that came home with me. I also failed to season it fully, so it was more bland than I wanted. In penance, I dragged out the video of Chadwick Bozeman on "Black Jeopardy," and admitted that tonight, I was the "Karen."

After a big family dinner at the kids' house, we played several rounds of Jackbox games. For two rounds of Trivia Murder Party, I "died" early (first in the first round), but managed to catch up and win in the lightning rounds at the end both times. I gained a false sense of confidence after that. I did poorly in Drawful. (Maybe that should be "I was awful in Drawful.") Then we settled in for three rounds of my favorite: Quiplash. I tied for first in one match, but totally failed on the others.

There was one question I didn't get to vote on. I made the mistake of taking a swig of Coke at the exact moment the answers popped up. I have never in my life done a genuine spit take. That is, never until tonight. I don't even remember what the question or answers were. All I know is that I found it funny enough to aspirate soda and spritz it back out over the table. Thank goodness we were all done with dinner by that point. For the record, inhaling Coca-Cola hurts!



No comments:

Post a Comment