Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Brazen Thieves

Inspirational song: Free For All (Ted Nugent)

Once again, the pictures tell the tale. I came home this afternoon, and saw a squirrel standing in one of the Adirondack chairs I made in Charleston (from the fence we tore down). That little jerk was ripping the stuffing out of a pillow I failed to bring inside last fall. Murray came bounding over, barking, and chased him up the fence and then up the tree. I think this squirrel has moved into the nesting box that hangs high in the chokecherry tree, from when we accepted three babies from the wildlife rehabilitation center. I have no idea whether he (or she) was one of the rescued babies. I waited by the back door for Murray to lose interest, which he did posthaste. Squirrel came right back after that, and dug out a second giant handful of polyfil, to take up to the box. It's supposed to be super cold at night all week. Whatever, kid. I can get new pillows at Target next summer. Be warm.

My other animal story has no pictures. We got home from Costco with two bags of cat food, one grain free and one merely gluten free. We did what we usually do now, blend them in the big plastic bin with a lid on it. The cats went nuts, swirling around out legs, trying to get in the way, as the Mr poured one bag and I the other at the same time. Alfred got closest, diving open-mouthed in the deluge of kibbles. We had to chase him off, but I felt bad about it. Imagine what joy that must be for a cat. Skittles commercials come to mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment