Thursday, February 6, 2020

Compliance

Inspirational song: Just Can't Get Enough (Depeche Mode)

It's snowing again, and the lady on the weather forecast said it was sloppy wet. Cool. This is the sort of thing I love. However, it means I am less inclined to go next door and remind Mr Call of Duty that it's bedtime. I'll just stay home in dry jammies and let him figure out for himself when he gets tired.

I had my first check-in with the respiratory therapist who evaluated my first three weeks on the CPAP. He was impressed that I have been perfectly compliant thus far. You have to have 21 days in a 30 day period, within the first 90 days. Once I'm done writing this, I will have 21 days in a row, right off the bat. I'm still struggling with getting used to the apparatus, but the charts show I'm improving. He showed me my average pressure, and said he can bump the starting pressure up by one click, in the hope that it would stop my panicky not-getting-sufficient-oxygen feelings early on. (These seem to be a combination of my compressed lung and my intolerance of muggy, humid air in general.) 

I'm also trying a different mask fitting. He wants me to try the kind that are basically nose buds (like the ear buds for music). I'm dreading trying it, but I'm going to do it. I'm very curious how much fiddling it's going to take before I actually sleep the entire way through a night. Maybe this will get me partway there.

No comments:

Post a Comment