Thursday, February 20, 2020

Narrative Update

Inspirational song: Sunny Afternoon (The Kinks)

Another day, another doctor visit. This one was totally routine. I checked in with my rheumatologist, got my regular meds re-upped, and caught her up on the story so far. I think I remembered most of it to tell her. She had access to most of the test results, because I was careful to add her as a CC all along the way. What I provided today was the narrative to go along with the imaging reports. She let me vent a little about how much there is to emotionally process, and how cranky I am at the poor prospects of anything ever getting better. She didn't criticize me once for having negative emotions.

Driving to Denver, covering 3/4 of Costco on the way home, taking care of prescriptions, and finally carrying in and putting away groceries turns out to be the limit of what I can do in a day anymore. I miss feeling productive. I can only hope that something actually moves forward on the thyroid issues and the paralyzed diaphragm/compressed lung problem this year. I just don't feel like this is sustainable. And that's the gist of what I whined about with my rheumatologist.

This week someone posted a very old video of the Kinks, one of my all-time favorite bands. (I do not remember who did it, nor what platform it was on.) The video was the band lip-synching to Sunny Afternoon, in a snowy park, on a gloomy, overcast kind of day. It might have seemed extra gloomy because the video was shot in black and white. The song has been stuck in my head ever since. Today was a gorgeous sunny day, but yesterday it snowed morning to night, culminating in a blast of heavy snow right when I had to go out for drinks with some rotary folks. In the spirit of that Kinks video, I will use photos from last night's snowy trip to a bar now. Despite the sun and pleasant late winter weather today, it seemed an appropriate twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment