Sunday, February 2, 2020

YEAH!

Inspirational song: Rollin' With My Homies (Coolio)

My throat is sore. My voice is hoarse. I am more than mildly tipsy. And I'm in good company. Everyone in this room is as giddy as I am.

It has never been a secret how much I love football. Of all the championship games I've watched, even the Broncos four years ago, and all those Steelers games when I was in grade school, this might easily be my favorite one. There have been a few I've been emotionally invested in. A few crazy cool wins. Some losses I disliked witnessing (pretty much any time the Patriots pulled out the W.) But surfing along with my neighbor's obsession with the Chiefs, 100% catching the bug with him, has made this the best one yet. 

We made way too much food, all of us. I'll probably end up freezing some mac and cheese. I'm kind of glad I didn't try making chocolate chip cookies too. And we found the intestinal fortitude not to purchase balloons. Whew. But for sure there was plenty of food, plenty of hooch, and plenty of dogs. At one point there were six pups in the back yard (when our 2 came over). Barley hated being in the back yard when the commotion kicked off. He watched from the window for most of the first quarter. Dogs came in after halftime, and T went out for a smoke at the end, watching from the same window spot.

I think I have more high-fiving to do. Hopefully the hooting and hollering is done for now. My throat won't recover for days.

No comments:

Post a Comment