Friday, February 21, 2020

Time and Place

Inspirational song: Back in the New York Groove (Ace Frehley)

No playing around tonight. For that matter, I need to straighten up and fly right most nights for the next long stretch. I’m entering a phase where I need to get my beauty sleep early, and be up and on the road hours before I normally cross my threshold. Sure, some of it will be early medical visits, including another trip to Anschutz in a couple weeks. But the fun stuff will be getting back into the work groove. There’s an important training session at our next monthly meeting that we will start early (so I have to leave home at terrible o’clock). And tomorrow I get to meet with some brand new clients. I need to get a good night’s sleep so I don’t come off as being as rusty as a woman who took months off to be sick. Let’s pretend that’s not exactly what I am.

When I walked to my car this afternoon, I found footprints in the snow that weren’t mine (under those that were). I am not so good at identifying tracks to know whether it’s that white cat who looked so much like Rabbit creeping around my car, or a raccoon who decided the alley was boring and ventured out. Considering trash day wasn’t until this morning, making the alley very interesting to your average raccoon, I’m leaning toward guessing it was the cat. I hope she has a warm place to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment