Monday, February 17, 2020

Not Much

Inspirational song: James K Polk (They Might Be Giants)

After all these years of being able to come up with a theme essay on the fly, I’m rather disappointed in my inability to come up with something profound for Presidents’ Day. There’s probably a lot I should be able to say. Not a lot I really want to, though. The holiday inconvenienced me mildly, in that a business I hoped to visit today was closed. It’s the only way I noticed what day it was at all.

I’m ready for the days to have more meaning to me than just which doctor I’m visiting, but for now, that’s really how I’m passing my time. I’m stuck between wanting to use it as my ongoing topic to write about and wanting to keep it private. These desires are always in conflict.

The head cold that tried to ruin my weekend is nearly gone. It’s in my best interests not to force myself to stay up late, trying to come up with something more riveting. I’m going to call this done and get myself to bed on time. As the snow starts to fall gently, I’ll find that picture I took of the last overnight snowfall in my garden space, and pretend it’s current.

No comments:

Post a Comment