Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Inspired

Inspirational song: Cabin on the Hill (Flat & Scruggs)

Last night's snowfall ended up coming in smack-dab in the middle of the estimates. I guess I shouldn't have doubted. When all was said and done, there were four to five inches on the ground. It satisfied my need for winter precipitation. There will be a couple of decent days, after a bone-chilling night, and then more snow this weekend. Just like I like it. If only I had ever bothered changing out my tires for the season. 

We went looking for another new viewing experience on Netflix tonight. I had intended on finding a classic musical. That is not where we ended up. When we saw a cabin-building competition series, naturally I offered that up to my cabin-building husband. It was set in rural Wales, with each episode being two unusual cabins built off-site and transported to face off against each other. We made it nearly all the way through three episodes before he sacked out. I don't know whether any of it inspired him for his own off-grid retreat, but I sure had fun watching it. None of the cabins has been boring thus far. 

I hope next year I can have enough of the deferred maintenance on my body completed, so I can physically get back up the hill to our cabin. I was assigned a specific art installation and I intend to see it through. But first we have to finish insulating it, cladding the interior walls, and starting to add the fixtures. For my own sake, I hope we get the permanent ladder to the loft done early in the year. I had trouble making the last leap from the top step of a conventional ladder to the platform. (The top step being the one where it always says "Do Not Step!") I'm also looking forward to getting more stuff up the hill and out of my garage, so that maybe, just maybe, the following winter I can park a car in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment