Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Back to Normal

Inspirational song: With a Little Help from My Friends (The Beatles)

I fell back to earth today. My family has gone back home, and my regular obligations are starting to ramp back up as fall approaches. It's bittersweet. I'm happy to have things going on again, but I liked the sense of being in my own bubble that I had over the summer. I'm already on record as getting very excited about the coming football and sweater season.

Today was the kitten's shelter visit day. The receptionist was of the less-helpful variety. When I asked her about results from last week's test, she said there was a notation on her chart that results were due yesterday, but none were listed. I should ask the leader of the foster program for them. So I asked whether that person was in today, and the receptionist said yes, and turned back to her computer and completely ignored me. She didn't offer to call the person I needed, and she wasn't interested in discussing it with me further. Having really studied the spot on the kitten's tail, and its lack of progress, I decided not to bother trying to weasel out of the treatment. She needed it.

I got to hang out with friends twice today. The last mah jongg of the summer was this afternoon, and I was on a roll. In the first hand, I started play needing one single tile to win, and got it on the second round. It was the fastest win I've ever seen. Then, this evening, I went out to a birthday dinner for my workout buddy, at a restaurant in town that is right on the water, where the river spills out into the ocean. The view was incredible, inside and out of the restaurant. 

I did a little shopping, for my friend and for the man. I worried how he was going to get along being away from all of us for our longest separation to date, but he has quickly managed to surround himself with a lot of feline friends. The original kitten survivor is a month old now, and starting to want to play with everything and everyone. I have a care package of cat toys ready to ship out tomorrow. And today, he let me know that the second pregnant cat he took in (!!!) gave birth to three new babies. I told him he was going to gain a reputation as a crazy cat man. He said, "Too late."





No comments:

Post a Comment