Saturday, August 17, 2013

On the Move

Inspirational song: On the Road Again (Willie Nelson)

I have been doing an awful lot of driving this week. I spent most of the day in the car again today. Lucky for me, it has all been for fun and excitement and family. The girls and I (my own daughters--my foster daughter has already gone back to her home) have gone up into the mountains to see my father and stepmother at their vacation cabin. I've never made it up here in the summer, so I can't wait to get out and take pictures of the scenery. I have taken some early spring and winter pictures from the other two times I've been here, on a camera I can't turn on anymore, on a chip that appears to have been corrupted. I need new ones. I'm also looking forward to exploring the area with my parents and daughters. There is a country store and access point to the Appalachian trail near here, but I don't know whether we will actually get out on the trail. I would like to, but I think all of us, including me, are just too broken right now. We're all gimping around with aching backs and sore feet and one broken arm (not mine). I think we are all healthy enough to wander through a few antique stores, though. I'm very excited about that.

For all that I live fairly close, my giant herd of animals has precluded me from getting to travel down here very often. I'm glad to have the opportunity to get away once in a while. My dogs are at camp, and they love it there. Thankfully, the staff at the kennel know my dogs and like them well enough, because my little red-headed dog forgets all his manners when he is there, and barks non-stop, to remind everyone he is king of the kennel. The cats are mostly on their own recognizance, with my neighbors making sure they are safe and unmolested.

I focused heavily on driving today, since the trip took fifty percent longer to get here than I expected. I didn't stop to take any pictures on the way, and the ones I took when we arrived were just desperation pics while there was a little daylight left. And now, the night has set in, and the bourbon and soda has come out, and bedtime is approaching quickly. My ability to compose is diminishing. I guess that is the sign to stop for the night. Hasta maƱana.

No comments:

Post a Comment