Friday, August 16, 2013

Vacation Pictures

Inspirational song: 25 or 6 to 4 (Chicago)

What a crazy, wonderful day. Having all three kids here has been entertaining and busy and hectic and I have absolutely loved it. We stayed up way too late last night, playing a goofy game that we essentially made up on the spot, and we had a tough time getting moving this morning. But eventually we stopped saying, "I was waiting for YOU," and got everyone to the car. We went downtown, to a gourmet donut shop I saw on the Cooking Channel (yum!), and then I took my archaeologist, artist, and architectural student to Drayton Hall, the oldest preserved (not remodeled) plantation home in the country. We all took bunches of photos, and I'll share a handful of mine. We came home and made another of my signature dishes that my baby requested, and finally got those rounds of Rock Band played. I am seriously out of practice.

I noticed, while we were downtown, that I'm not the only one who couldn't keep flowers looking perfect through this drippy weather. We parked near a hotel, and their window boxes were looking a little last their prime as well. I felt comforted to see faded flowers, even though in comparison, they were still way better than the crunchy hanging baskets on my deck.

It's now time for me to go to bed. Tomorrow I have to take the dogs to camp so we can all drive down to see my parents. And if the dealership can take a peek at my car to tell me why it made a funny noise today, that would be great...

No comments:

Post a Comment