Wednesday, August 14, 2013

When Is Beer O'clock?

Inspirational song: Hit the Road, Jack (Ray Charles)

I don't like whining two days in a row about how things aren't going my way, but I can't help it this time. Things are not going my way and it is frustrating. I was supposed to spend the afternoon in Myrtle Beach with my foster daughter (the young lady I got to see briefly for lunch on Monday). But circumstances beyond my control delayed me, and her schedule is not flexible enough to let me see her tomorrow. (I do understand. They have a long, long drive home tomorrow.) The only option I have is to drive up for drinks tonight, and I am not even able to leave town for another hour and a half. I will have time to have a single drink with her, before I have to get back down here. But I haven't gotten to see her for the last two years, so I'm not missing my one chance, even as much as the fates are conspiring against me. At least knowing what kind of night this will be is getting me on the blog earlier. There is no way I'm going to be able to squeak out a post if I wait until midnight like I did last night.

Driving tonight will be super sporty. A stationary front has stalled out over the southeast, and we have had flooding rains, and along the coast they came right at high tide. I hope the highway is clear.

A couple days ago, I recalled my man making fun of my daughter and me when we used FaceTime to make cats look at each other. Yet this morning, here he was, turning the camera on his one remaining kitten, while Athena swatted at the screen. I took several photos, but most of them were too blurry. That scruffy little girl moves quickly.

1 comment:

  1. Are you introducing her to her sister? :) Drive safe, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete