Friday, August 2, 2013

Dragging a Bit

Inspirational song: Hey, Hey, What Can I Do? (Led Zeppelin)

This has been a week I'm glad to see in the rear view mirror. It felt like an uphill slog, through the snow, both ways. Nothing was all the way catastrophic. It was just a series of discomforts and disappointments. I had headaches and stomach upsets and allergies off and on. I had the pain in my foot that hurt when I did aerobics, but otherwise was not too bad unless I overdid it (like tonight). I discovered I'm allergic to the dip they've been using on the kitten, after my face burned and peeled, but because her last test was compromised, we have to keep treating her until the next test comes back in a week. And for two nights in a row, I've opened the meat I bought for dinner, to find it spoiled on its sell-by date. Last night, I wasn't feeling well, so I just threw it out rather than take it back. But when it happened again tonight, I couldn't let it go a second time. So I went back to Publix, to exchange it. If I hadn't barely eaten for two days, I might not have persevered. It was definitely a challenge.

Now, I'm just wiped out. I'm tired, and I am totally uninspired to be funny or profound. I have to hope that my fortunes change next week. It's got to go up from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment