Thursday, March 20, 2014

Busted

Inspirational song: What Is and What Should Never Be (Led Zeppelin)

That didn't take long. I guessed wrong on two out of the first three basketball games played today. So I guess I'm not going to be a billionaire. Who's surprised, really? Show of hands. Three or four of the games went into overtime, and I was right on all of those but one. As it stands, at blog time tonight, I have nine out of twelve correct, and it looks like I'm about to be very wrong in the Texas v Arizona State game (I thought I had picked Texas, but that's not what my bracket shows. Darn.) The good news is I'm still up on points in the head-to-head challenge with my good friend, and I'm tied for third with several people in the marching band alumni pool. And to the sportscaster who said watching the Colorado-Pittsburgh game would be like watching a root canal, yes, it was. For me, and for the whole C Unit. But I still hate you for saying it.

The first day of spring actually felt like the first day of spring here. I am so relieved. The door was open before noon, and the sun was nearly set when I finally went out to drag the three youngest cats inside. Athena spent the entire day galloping around the Park like a shaggy little Shetland pony, climbing trees and attacking the feet and hands of the mean woman who tried to catch her at sundown. I'm seeing more and more early flowers and signs of buds forming. Even my holly is covered in tiny little dots that it didn't have last year or the year before. Maybe this fall I will finally have red berries on the holly, and can use clippings to decorate at Christmas. Or I could be getting ahead of myself. I should wait to see whether they turn into anything at all before I make plans. I promise I won't share the picture I took, but I finally witnessed one of my cats using the great outdoors as god intended, rather than coming back inside to use the cat box. Best day ever.

I proved yet again I am my grandmother's progeny today. I was so stressed out by basketball today that I couldn't watch. I got up and cleaned house. I needed that more than anything. Spring cleaning has begun. I'm finally making real progress on getting to the edges, and throwing out things that have clogged the corners for too long. Hopefully soon I will get to the garage, while the weather is right, not too cold and not too hot. It's what spring is for, clearing out the winter funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment